Apelon DTS Announcements
Alpha release of version 4.0 is now available at apelondts.org
This demonstration/evaluation release:
- Supports Namespace versioning.
- Leverages Java EE 6 platform for Server and Browser.
- Introduces new module architecture for Editor.
- Maintains backward compatibility to DTS 3.5 at API level.
DTS 3.5.2 release is now available. The main features of this release are:
- Support for MySQL.
- Support for MS SQL Server without compatibility level change.
DTS 3.5.1 release is now available. The main features of this release are:
- Support for IBM DB2.
- Improved performance with Java 6 and updated JDBC drivers.
- Support for Windows 7.
- Improved reliability and search performance through some bug fixes.
- Improved content change reporting options.
About Apelon DTS
The Apelon DTS (Distributed Terminology System) is an integrated set of open source components that
provides comprehensive terminology services in distributed application environments. DTS supports national and
international data standards, which are a necessary foundation for comparable and interoperable health
information, as well as local vocabularies. Typical applications for DTS include clinical data entry,
administrative review, problem-list and code-set management, guideline creation, decision support
and information retrieval.
Key DTS features include:
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE, concurrent access to multiple, interconnected terminologies
terminology Knowledgebase with a unified, consistent object model
- DATA NORMALIZATION, matching of text input to standardized terms and concepts via word order
word stemming, spelling correction and term completion
- CODE TRANSLATION, mapping of clinical data to standard coding systems such as ICD-9 and CPT
- CLASS QUERIES, hierarchy interrogation for decision support and outcomes analysis
- SEMANTIC NAVIGATION, browsing of a rich set of hierarchical and non-hierarchical
relationships between concepts
for improved quality in data entry and information retrieval
- SEMANTIC CLASSIFICATION, creation, management, and comparison of concept extensions which are
formal semantic models such as that used in SNOMED CT
- SUBSETTING, creation of individualized subsets of terminologies using advanced Boolean logic
- WORKFLOW, management and tracking of modeling efforts in large, distributed projects
- LOCALIZATION, addition of local concepts, synonyms, codes, and inter-concept associations to
content to standard terminologies
DTS provides APIs and management applications for both Java and Microsoft .NET environments. The
DTS Editor enables the enhancement of DTS Knowledge Base by adding new content and localizing it for
professional, or cultural needs, such as noting that "Black Creek Disease" is a synonym for Amebic
The DTS Browser permits easy access and review of terminologies from any Internet browser.
Components of DTS
||Utilities to manage Knowledgebase and APIs to access and edit Knowledgebase.
||Desktop UI to navigate, search, view and manage a Knowledgebase using DTS API. Extensions can be
added using Plug-ins.
||Web based UI to navigate, search and view a Knowledgebase using DTS API.
||Web service for classifying Ontylog Extension Namespace.
How to Get Support
Commercial software support services and subscription access to a wide portfolio of
national and international data standards are available for DTS from Apelon Inc.